It had to be done, our trip to Australia wouldn't be complete without trying Vegemite, Marmite, and Promite me for the first time and Jesse for his second. Prepared for us by our neighbours in what they think is the best way to eat Vegemite. Tones of butter on a rice cracker with a little bit of Vegemite. Now I must say it wasn't horrible...or well the Vegemite and Promite were okay but the Marmite was just awful! I do think however that the amount of butter might have had something to do with the 'okay' taste. For those of you who don't know Vegemite is the Australia version of Peanut Butter only salty like Soy Sauce. Marmite is the English version of Vegemite, and Promite is just a variation of Vegemite, but they all have one thing in common...SALT If your a salt lover then maybe it's for you, personally I don't think I could ever eat it as much as I eat Peanut Butter, but I'd probably have some again if the opportunity arose. Jesse on the other hand didn't seem to enjoy them very much. The kids in my school day after day each Vegemite sandwiches just like the kids at home eat Peanut Butter sandwiches day after day. I suppose however with Vegemite you don't have to worry about peanut allergies so much, just the effects that much salt is having on your health.
Oh well I suppose to each his own...
X
No comments:
Post a Comment